This page lists code editors (or IDE)
Notepad++ to R (use F8 run code from Notepad++ itself)
XML Plugin for Auto Completion of Syntax in R (instructions in the post http://yihui.name/en/2010/08/auto-completion-in-notepad-for-r-script/)
Download File- http://yihui.name/en/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/R.xml
and put it into C:\Program Files\Notepad++\plugins\APIs (or Equivalent Notepad++\Plugins\API folder)
Use the auto completion feature in Notepad++
3) Eclipse Plugin for R- StatET
4) VIM with R Plugin
Download VIM and Install
Download R Plugin (with installation instructions)
Download Pywin32 (corresponding to version of Python above)
RStudio runs on all major platforms, and can even be run on a server and accessed remotely using a web browser:
RStudio integrates all of the tools you use while working with R into a single customizable environment:
RStudio includes a variety of powerful coding tools designed to enhance your productivity:
7) Revolution Productivity Enhancer
- Experience a modern development environment for the R language with a syntax-aware Script Editor with highlighting, indentation, and more.
- Improve R programming proficiency with hover-over help, word completion and customizable “code snippets” to automate common R programming tasks.
- Streamline interactions with the R language with a fully-featured command-line editor and object browser.
- Create quality R code, faster with a full-featured visual debugger with one-click breakpoints and step-processing.
- Manage complex development projects with a Solution Explorer to organize data files, scripts and outputs. Save, load and switch projects with ease.
- Help Teams Collaborate and Control Changes with open source Subversion version control software.
- Available for the Microsoft Windows platform only
Key Features of the R Productivity Environment:
- Full-featured Visual Debugger for debugging R scripts, with call stack window and step-in, step-over, and step-out capability.
- Enhanced Script Editor with hover-over help, word completion, find-across-files capability, automatic syntax checking, bookmarks, and navigation buttons.
- Run Selection, Run to Line and Run to Cursor evaluation
- R Code Snippets to automatically generate fill-in-the-blank sections of R code with tooltip help.
- Object Browser showing available data and function objects (including those in packages), with context menus for plotting and editing data.
- Solution Explorer for organizing, viewing, adding, removing, rearranging, and sourcing R scripts.
- Customizable Workspace with dockable, floating, and tabbed tool windows.
- Version Control Plug-in available for the open source Subversion version control software.
- Top 10 Fastest Rising Solutions on Eclipse Marketplace (ianskerrett.wordpress.com)
- Reasons for Transitioning to Vim: Bringing LaTeX, R, Sweave and More under One Roof (jeromyanglim.blogspot.com)
- How to Get More Plus out of Notepad++ [Coding] (lifehacker.com)
- 16 Stable & Free IDEs For Designers/Developers (webresourcesdepot.com)